Business Development Manager
Southfield, MI 48033 US
Business Development Manager
This is an exciting opportunity for a relationship-building and self-motivated Business Development manager to join a collaborative, and growing company. Develop and nurture exceptional business partnerships in a company where your individual strengths, skills and goals are valued. This is a passionate and talented team that has a autonomous, motivating, progressive, collaborative, and rewarding culture.
The Business Development Manager will play a fundamental role in achieving revenue growth and new customer acquisition goals by identifying new prospects and generating new business opportunities. This individual will do this by setting appointments via phone, email, and social media with prospects for the company’s Workplace Solutions Managers and Facility Services Specialist as well as attend conferences, meetings and events to build relationships to drive in deals. The Business Development Manager role is vital in connecting the company with potential partners in the architecture, interior design, building services, facility management, brokerage, and property management arena. Join a growing but established company as the Business Development Manager.
Key responsibilities include:
- Research target demographics, economic trends, customer needs and interests and other data that can be used in creating strategies for business development.
- Oversee efforts to expand lead generation through cold calling, business-to-business selling and other methods to identify potential business prospects and assist sales professionals in acquiring new customers.
- Build relationships with new and existing customers and industry partners through consistent follow up, reliable communication, frequent updates on product developments and in-person meetings for new opportunities and referrals.
- Present sales pitches, product reports and other valuable data to potential prospects in a way that promotes the company brand and mission and helps the audience identify a need for the product.
- Diligently update our CRM system to capture sales analytics and stay current on leads and follow-ups.
- Utilize an industry leading style team-based approach to identify and hunt corporate and industrial clients in transition who need Office Furniture, Facility Services and Industrial Racking when relocating, expanding, or downsizing.
- Must enjoy networking and being out an about in the greater Detroit/Michigan area.
- Must possess expert level CRM and data management skills, the power of persuasion, and be highly organized.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 3-5+ years business development, sales or account executive experience in the contract furniture/interior design industry
- Network and connections with building services, architecture, interior design, brokers, general contractors, facilities managers, and property managers, highly sought after
- Ability to travel in the territory and represent the company
- Strong aptitude of Microsoft Office systems with ability to learn internal system
- Previous CRM Experience Preferred (I.e., NetSuite, Salesforce, HubSpot, SAP, Oracle, etc.)
- A passion for developing relationships with Owners, C-Level executives, Finance, Facilities Management, and human resource executives, within companies of all sizes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Positive sales-oriented personality and attitude
- Honest, charismatic, loyal, with a good sense of humor
- Strategic, data-driven and results oriented
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to target potential leads, connect the dots, make calls, and schedule telephone meetings
- Ability to communicate complex services clearly and concisely
- Ability to effectively manage multiple accounts simultaneously
- Determined to target and secure corporate clients-in-transition in need of office furniture, facility services, or interior design expertise
- Ability to apply innovative thinking to solve problems and capture opportunities
- Natural problem-solving mindset that seeks to meet the customer's needs
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual Salary + Commission + Bonus Structure + Full Benefits Package
- Full Benefits Package: Healthcare insurance (after 30 days), Working Advantage Discount Program (discounts on local entertainment & retail), EAP/Wellness Program, Financial Wellness program, 401K with employee match, PTO, Work schedule flexibility (after a proven track record of success), Summer hours, bring your dog to work, Free office snacks, Annual employee outings, and Annual community service month and company donation matching.
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Injila Khan - Injila@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: in the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Injila has a detail-oriented approach and brings a fresh organizational style to our team. Her passion for efficiency and administrative experience all began when her family relocated to Florida from New York and she became a supervisor at their Planet Smoothie franchise. This allowed Injila to expand her knowledge in creating efficiencies and best processes, which she then took across multiple industries into recruitment. In recruitment, she has supported candidates and clients from career matches to improved processes. Her experience has allowed her to become an asset to all by improving communication and processes in a friendly manner. Outside of the office, you can find her enjoying time with family, friends, and two beautiful cats. You can reach her at Injila@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.