Interior Designer | Retail Design
Wood Dale, IL 60191 US
This is an excellent opportunity for a collaborative and experienced Interior Designer to join a design-driven and client-focused talented design team. A Designer full of curiosity, passion, and creative drive that is ready to be a part of a collaborative design team, this opportunity aligns with you. This company has an innovative, collaborative, challenging, empathetic, and nimble culture.
As a Retail Interior Designer, you will be instrumental in every stage of the design process to provide creative and technical support to customers for merchandise and retail display needs. Working with a collaborative design team, you will share fresh ideas, curiosity, passion, and a creative drive for your projects. In the role as Retail Designer, you will support departmental initiatives with your creative and technical skillset plus a positive attitude. This role calls for a flexible individual, as a day in the life could look like a mix of design consultation, fixture development and recommendations, visual merchandise and display consultations, style recommendations, project management, and customer service.
Bring your expertise to an established firm that continues to stay at the forefront by developing new solutions to meet the ever-changing needs of retailers.
- Program management and program growth
- Design consultation
- Utilize professional design skills to promote and secure sales of company products and services
- Qualifying, establishing, and maintaining effective relationships with customers
- Pro-active and reactive support to incoming inquiries
- Maintain strong product line knowledge to match customer need with right solution
- Fixture & Layout Recommendation
- Detailed Project Proposals that include Presentation Drawings and detailed quoting
- Understanding of - Documentation, BOMs, & Assembly Detailing
- Customer Service
- Interdepartmental improvement recommendations and training
- Associates degree or higher in interior design or design field of study
- 3+ year of experience – focus on retail design
- Technically savvy; proficiency in AutoCAD, Adobe Suite, Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong understanding and ability to implement design principles
- Ability to communicate quickly, clearly, and effectively across multiple departments and managerial levels
- Aptitude to work successfully in a strong team environment
- Capability to quickly interpret customer needs and effectively communicate appropriate design solutions back both verbal & written as needed
- Capacity to prioritize and work independently with minimal supervision
- Skilled multi-tasker and still able to maintain a sharp eye for detail
- Demonstrate effective stress management & time management skills
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual Salary + Annual Bonus + Full Benefits Package
- Casual Office environment
- A team of passionate, creative, and fun team who is dedicated to the growth of the company
- Full Benefits include health care plan (medical, dental, vision), life insurance, 401K with company match, PTO, Paid Holidays, Health and Fitness Reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program, and much more.
For immediate consideration and review, contact: Barry Cales – Barry@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Barry brings a depth of experience in development and operations across multiple industries to the team. He combines his passion for people and drive for results, with his extensive operations experience and industry connections to bring tremendous value to his candidates and clients. Throughout his career, he has achieved significant success and awards including Partner of the Year, General Manager of the Year, Philanthropic Cafe of the Year, and Sales and Marketing Cafe of the year. He wants to share that passion and success with you. Outside of the office, you will find Barry enjoying the outdoors in life, from beachside to new foodie hotspots with his wife, Jennifer, and kids. You can reach him at Barry@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.