Winter Garden, FL 34787 US
Interior Designer | Winter Garden, FL
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented, collaborative, and growth-mindset Interior Designer to join a collaborative team. If you are looking for a company that has a transparent, happy, casual, collaborative, and welcoming culture and work environment, this is the one. For a designer that is looking to elevate their career and truly plant their roots in a design firm that will feel like home, this is that right opportunity.
As the Interior Designer you will play a crucial role in supporting the Lead and Principal Designers in various aspects of their work. Your primary responsibilities will include assisting with design projects, managing administrative tasks, and ensuring the smooth operation of the design studio. This role requires a keen eye for detail, creativity, organizational skills, and a passion for interior design. As the Interior Designer you will work on homes that are the epitome of luxury.
- Collaborate with the Lead designer to conceptualize and develop design ideas for projects.
- Assist in creating mood boards, design presentations, and material/color palettes using Canva.
- Conduct research on design trends, furniture, fixtures, and materials to stay updated on industry developments.
- Collect samples, quotes, pricing, lead-times from vendors.
- Assist in space planning and layout design, considering functionality and aesthetics.
- Create and update floor plans and elevations using AutoCAD.
Material and Product Selection:
- Help source and select materials, furniture, lighting fixtures, and accessories that align with the project's design concept and budget.
- Maintain a well-organized library of samples and catalogs.
- Communicate with clients, contractors, and suppliers to gather and disperse project information.
- Maintain clear and professional email and phone correspondence.
- Coordinate site visits and meetings with clients and contractors.
Vendor and Supplier Liaison:
- Build relationships with vendors and suppliers to facilitate efficient procurement processes.
- Request quotes and samples.
- Keep the design studio organized and tidy, ensuring that materials and tools are readily accessible.
- Maintain an inventory of office supplies and order replacements as needed.
- Degree or work experience in Interior Design, Interior Architecture, or a related field (preferred).
- 2-3+ years of experience in an interior design role, or internships in interior design is a plus.
- Strong passion for interior design and a good eye for aesthetics.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Canva, Google Docs, Google Sheets.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to quality.
- Ability to multitask and work in a fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of industry trends and materials.
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing project requirements.
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual Salary + Bonus Structure + Benefits Package
- Benefits – expenses reimbursement, paid time off, sick days, Holidays, work life balance, flexible working ability, excellent work environment, team gatherings and outings, and much more.
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Tiffany Walsh - Tiffany@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
EXPERTISE: in the industry since 2003
We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Tiffany is an experienced recruitment, project management, and business development executive who focuses on being a dedicated partner to those who work with her. She has a diverse background in industries, including retail, hospitality, IT, government, commercial, and more, which allows her to think and apply her expertise when partnering with you strategically. Throughout Tiffany’s experience, she has developed and honed her talents in recruitment, strategic growth planning, and client relationship-building. Whether you are a candidate or a firm, she is your dedicated partner and a resource for you. Outside of the office, you will find Tiffany enjoying time with her family, friends, and dogs or cheering on Florida State University, her alma mater. You can reach her at Tiffany@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.