Intermediate Interior Designer
Novato, CA 94949 US
This is an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented, self-motivated, and collaborative Interior Designer to join a talented, award-winning, and gold key finalists design team creating luxurious hospitality projects. Join a company with a casual, innovative, collaborative, and respectful culture designing hotel to restaurant projects.
The Intermediate designer works closely alongside the Senior Design and Design Director, to help execute the design of the project from concept through installation, including developing the concept, development of all design details and finishes, furniture design and selection, coordination, documentation, and execution in the field. This opportunity allows you to be a key component in the design process through all design phases, from concept to construction administration, working on luxurious hospitality projects from restaurant to hotel projects.
Key Impact Areas
- Collaboration with Leadership
- Project Specific
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Interior Design or Interior Architecture from an accredited university.
- 4-8 years of continuous interior design work experience - Hospitality experience is a big plus
- NCIDQ or in pursuit is a plus but not required. •Strong conceptual and 3D design skills
- Experience and software abilities in AutoCAD, Revit, InDesign, SketchUp, and Photoshop
- Outstanding interaction with clients, team members and outside vendors
- Demonstrated ability to work with Design Directors and Senior Designers in the development of conceptual design, schematic design, design development, production and specification.
- Demonstrated ability to produce graphic presentations, 3D drawings/sketches and CADD drawings.
- Demonstrated ability develop FF&E palette, maintain FF&E budgets, and produce specifications.
- Demonstrated ability mentoring junior staff and participation in Mentoring and Performance Management programs and activities.
- Ability to design with minimal supervision and within project deadlines and fees.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international client and project sites
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Annual Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Benefits Package
- Flexible scheduling: every other Friday off, flexible on start times
- Benefits Package – Healthcare: medical/dental/vision (100% covered by the firm), 401K with match, PTO, Holidays, team gatherings and outings, professional fees covered, and much more.
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Injila Khan – Injila@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Injila has a detail-oriented approach and brings a fresh organizational style to our team. Her passion for efficiency and administrative experience all began when her family relocated to Florida from New York and she became a supervisor at their Planet Smoothie franchise. This allowed Injila to expand her knowledge in creating efficiencies and best processes, which she then took across multiple industries into recruitment. In recruitment, she has supported candidates and clients from career matches to improved processes. Her experience has allowed her to become an asset to all by improving communication and processes in a friendly manner. Outside of the office, you can find her enjoying time with family, friends, and two beautiful cats. You can reach her at Injila@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.