Outside Sales Representative
Austin, TX 78758 US
With our client, you will be joining a big family. This company has a strong, caring culture that supports each other, along with the communities where they live and work. Our client also believes every person has his or her own story. Individuality is what makes the team great. With this team, you’ll be empowered to make a difference. Within this strong team environment, the people are encouraged to grow.
As the Outside Sales Representative, you will leverage your consultative sales skills to guide clients in their needs and provide superior customer service to help create customers for life. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and build relationships with custom homebuilders, general contractors, interior designers, and electrical contractors to find the right solutions for their projects.
- Achieve sales targets by delivering remarkable service and consistently following the sales process: qualify, quote, overcome obstacles, close the sale, and follow up post-sale.
- Achieve gross product targets by qualifying customers to understand their business needs and utilize appropriate pricing rate cards.
- Grow customer base within company territory and targets.
- Monitor current sales trends and product performance results, utilizing company reports to analyze trends and develop plans to qualify and engage new customers.
- Provide solutions based on customer needs; delight by offering solutions they may not have considered leveraging market trends, new product information, and design-based thinking.
- Develop strong relationships with designers, small custom builders, and high-end remodelers by understanding their business models/needs and applying our unique value proposition.
- Prepare error-free quotes and spec/picture books within 1 business day of customer meeting or interaction. Communicate with customers if expectations cannot be met and provide an updated timeline.
- Follow up post-quote within customer expectations in order to identify potential obstacles in earning the business.
- Convert quotes to orders and procure products following our standard operating procedures for sales orders, including cash handling.
- Continually enhance sales skills and product knowledge in order to remain relevant and viewed as the best in the industry.
- Attend showroom functions, CEUs, and events as means to acquire leads.
- 3+ years of experience with consultative sales focused on general contractors, custom homebuilders, interior designers, and electrical contractors
- Experience working with custom home builders and interior designers; overall experience with the home builders, architecture, and design industries
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite - Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
- Ability to represent the company within the territory by providing a consultative sales approach
- Outstanding client and customer service skills
- Excellent self-motivation and initiative
- Ability to travel the market
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Pay Structure (Salary + Commissions) + Full Benefits Package
- Benefits Package - healthcare, 401K, PTO (personal, vacation, sick, holidays), and much more.
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Injila Khan - Injila@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate, and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult, and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Injila has a detail-oriented approach and brings a fresh organizational style to our team. Her passion for efficiency and administrative experience all began when her family relocated to Florida from New York and she became a supervisor at their Planet Smoothie franchise. This allowed Injila to expand her knowledge in creating efficiencies and best processes, which she then took across multiple industries into recruitment. In recruitment, she has supported candidates and clients from career matches to improved processes. Her experience has allowed her to become an asset to all by improving communication and processes in a friendly manner. Outside of the office, you can find her enjoying time with family, friends, and two beautiful cats. You can reach her at Injila@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.