New York, NY 10012 US
Sales Designer - Residential Kitchen Design | New York, NY
Join a leading international brand in design known in more than 70 countries worldwide!
With more than 120 years in business the company continues to transform client homes into their desires. Their reputation for quality and innovation is known world-wide and they continue that path with highly skilled and dedicated people. Be with a company that pays the utmost attention to detail and aims for perfection in everything they create plus values its team.
The Sales Designer is a brand ambassador for the company with the main responsibility for driving sales by developing new client relationships and providing excellent customer service. A sales designer will listen to client’s needs to create the perfect design solution for each project. You will seek out and develop new client relationships with architects, interior designers, builders and end users to strengthen and expand client base. As a luxury sales designer, you will go the extra mile to ensure the client’s complete satisfaction.
- Drive sales and design solutions to maximize full project potential
- Create kitchen (and other room) designs with information collected from clients
- Measure interior spaces accurately for designing and ordering cabinets
- Schedules and conducts meetings and presentations with clients
- Provide coverage of showroom to meet with potential walk-in clients
- Maintain showroom displays for client presentation
- Remains the central point of contact for the client from start of project to completion
- Works with technical designer and project manager to provide best design solutions and client experience throughout project
- Coordinates with subcontractors and vendors
- Participate in project milestone site visits
- Represents the company as a brand ambassador at various functions
- Review drawings and orders to ensure accurate and complete delivery of order for Installation
- Bachelor’s degree in Interior design or architecture preferred
- 5+ years of sales and design experience with a proven track record of driving sales
- Experience in kitchen and residential interior design
- High-end retail sales experience a plus
- STRONG design and computer skills including hand drafting, AutoCAD, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- STRONG Knowledge of interior design space planning and residential construction
- Ability to read architectural plans and prepare drawings for design presentations
- Present in a professional manner and enjoy connecting with new people
- Represent the company and brand with integrity at all times
- Excellent interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Highly organized, able to manage all aspects of project
- Have a positive attitude and enjoy helping and serving clients
- Possess good time management skills to meet deadlines
- Must be a proactive problem solver and detail-oriented
Compensation and Benefits
- Strong Base Salary + Commission Structure + Full Benefits Package
- Annual Base Salary, range based on experience, certifications, and portfolio
- Robust Benefits Package – comprehensive medical, dental, vision, PTO, Holidays, 401K with match, and more
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Injila Khan - Injila@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Coordinator
Injila has a detail-oriented approach and brings a fresh organizational style to our team. Her passion for efficiency and administrative experience all began when her family relocated to Florida from New York and she became a supervisor at their Planet Smoothie franchise. This allowed Injila to expand her knowledge in creating efficiencies and best processes, which she then took across multiple industries into recruitment. In recruitment, she has supported candidates and clients from career matches to improved processes. Her experience has allowed her to become an asset to all by improving communication and processes in a friendly manner. Outside of the office, you can find her enjoying time with family, friends, and two beautiful cats. You can reach her at Injila@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.