Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager | High-end Residential
Chicago, IL 60613 US
Senior Interior Designer/Project Manager
Company Preview: Looking for a positive work environment with great work/life balance? Our client, a high-end design firm focusing on luxury residential projects is an amazing place to work. Not only are the projects truly high-end, but the team is zero drama and there is fair work/life balance.
Position Preview: Working with the Principal and Design Director, the Senior Designer is a creative visionary to oversee all phases of high-end, residential interior design from initial design concept to installation. This position requires an in-depth knowledge of design, showrooms, drafting and space planning, and custom furniture design. The Senior Designer oversees a design team and is responsible for delegating work and tasks accordingly.
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all company-offered services including space planning, schematic design, design development, and furniture and finish selection.
- Represent firm at meetings with clients, architects, contractors, and vendors. Relay relevant information to the Principal and delegate tasks to staff.
- Effectively communicate design vision and aesthetic to junior staff members. Break down and delegate tasks; oversee design team progress and timelines.
- Create and maintain budgets for each project
- Evaluate and make recommendations regarding scope, feasibility, staffing, scheduling and budget requirements of each project.
- Oversee integration of design services and furniture specifications to assure each project is viewed in total.
- Verify proposals created by the design team, and oversee timely sending and receipt of proposals, accounts payable, and accounts receivable for potential and ongoing projects.
- Oversee installation timelines and attend installations.
- Oversee / manage issues with contractors, vendors and clients. Identify and document problems / conflicts and determine solutions.
- Maintain continual communication with the Principal regarding project timelines and orders, including the progress of custom orders, timing for fabric selections, workroom inspections, and other project-related information.
- Develop long-term relationships with clients, design showrooms and vendors through frequent communication and status updates.
- Build essential knowledge of custom furniture design.
- Bachelor’s Degree in interior design or Interior Architecture. Associate degree in Interior Design with work experience in interior design or sales of interior furnishings.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in a residential interior design firm
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Extremely detail-oriented and organized
- Experience managing a team and effective delegation of responsibilities to meet project needs and deadlines.
- Experience managing multiple projects with specified budgets and timelines
- Experience and comfort working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to interact with peers, management, and other staff in a professional manner
- Must display a history of successful interior design implementations and a refined sense of style
- Initiative to follow through and solve problems creatively
- Valid driver's license and transportation
- Must be proficient in AutoCad, Microsoft Office and Studio Webware
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Revit a plus but not required.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive Annual Salary (Depends on experience, certifications and portfolio)
- Benefits Package – Health Insurance Package, PTO, Personal/Sick Days, etc.
For immediate review and consideration, contact:
Lynde Gillis - Lynde@InteriorTalent.com
I've been with Interior Talent since 2005! My candidates stay with their employers an average of 4 years and get promoted twice. Read my recommendations as a recruiter: www.linkedin.com/in/lyndegillis
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: 17 years of experience
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Lynde has been building lasting relationships with our clients and candidates since 2005. She is based in Chicago but also spends part of the year between New York and Miami. With her extensive experience in this sector, she brings a personal connection and depth of understanding to each search. Prior to Interior Talent, she was a marketing consultant serving both small private businesses and fortune 500 firms. Plus, if you ever need a restaurant recommendation she’s your girl; having spent time as the Assistant Publisher at Dining Out Magazine. She earned a BA from Columbia College in Business Management and Marketing.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.