Technical Designer | Kitchen & Bath
Nashville, TN 37203 US
This is an excellent opportunity for a talented and detail-oriented Technical Designer with experience in kitchen, bath, and cabinetry design. Join an award-winning team working with national and international clients on kitchen and bath projects. This opportunity is with a company that has a innovative, collaborative, challenging, respectful, and welcoming culture.
The Technical Designer is a core role for the company. Individuals in this position are working in partnership with a Designer on the technical development of projects via design development, cabinetry engineering, appliance specification and planning, some project management and successful project completion. Your technical design impact will cascade across kitchen, bath, and residential projects. Allow your design abilities to shine with this collaborative and welcoming team.
- Development of designs for cabinets and other associated products based on designer-supplied concepts that includes all relevant information.
- Initial project estimation based on designer-supplied layouts/concepts.
- Complete development of projects in CAD.
- Accurate and thorough engineering of all projects for proper function.
- Pricing on non-cabinetry items as needed for complete project pricing.
- Complete details on all cabinets as needed to order cabinets properly.
- Complete details on all non-cabinetry items as needed to order those items properly.
- Order project samples as needed for presentations / client approval.
- Develop and submit final cabinet orders to cabinet shop(s).
- Manage receipt of shop drawings / sign off on shop drawings in a timely manner.
- Coordination of cabinetry shipment to the warehouse or jobsite
- Development of a complete installation package for the cabinet installer.
- Assist with oversight of project installation to ensure successful install that is consistent with the design intent
- Assist with all work necessary to complete a project in a timely manner.
- 2-3+ years of experience in technical design with a focus on kitchen, bath, and cabinetry
- Skilled at translating hand-drawings and/or conceptual sketches into floor plans and elevations
- Experienced in the development of mechanical drawings for plumbing, electrical, and lighting
- AutoCAD proficient
- Capable of using typical Microsoft Office products for PC’s (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.) with
- excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Very organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experienced with design with a fundamental understanding of the design process
- Ethical and professional in manner, attitude and dress
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Able to meet schedule deadlines and work at a fast pace
Compensation and Benefits
- Annual Salary + Bonus Potential + Full Benefits Package
- Full Benefits Package: Healthcare – medical and dental (100% covered for the employee), 401K, profit sharing, project-related expenses, PTO, sick days, Holidays, an excellent work environment and more.
For immediate review and consideration, contact: Justin Robertson - Justin@InteriorTalent.com
For all active Interior Talent job listings, please visit Jobs.InteriorTalent.com
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: in the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Talent Acquisition Specialist
Justin has a customer-centric and relationship-driven approach. He is a versatile professional with a strong customer service and human resources background, having worked in Talent Acquisition for several years. Justin's experience spans various industries, such as entertainment, tech, marketing, and production, and he has now expanded his expertise to the Architecture & Interior Design industry. On the weekends, Justin indulges in his passion for music as he plays and tours with his band Outatime! In his free time, he enjoys the company of his furry companions, Miso, the dog, and Mr. Business, the cat. Justin's diverse skills and interests make him an adaptable and well-rounded individual. You can reach him at Justin@InteriorTalent.com.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.