Trade Sales Representative | South
Miami, FL 33137 US
Business Development - Trade Sales Rep
Trade Industry Focus: Architecture, Interior Design, Luxury Residential, Hospitality, Builders, and Contractors
**Ability to travel to clients, events, company locations and more**
This is an exciting opportunity to work for an established and known brand as a Business Development Executive working directly with the trade. In the role you will build new trade relationships and expand on existing ones. You focused efforts is to grow the company’s trade business and trade engagement to next level. Identify, network and work exclusively with A&D, trade professionals in the high end and luxury residential, hospitality (boutique luxury), real estate, builders and AV community.
This role will provide elevated service to secure relationships leading to business development for the company. Business Development, Trade Team will ensure that the company's Trade experience exceeds expectations. As a member of the Trade team, you’ll help identify leads, offer solutions and proposals to new clients.
- Business Intelligence, Innovative + Critical Thinking.
- Identify opportunities in target markets. Prospect new Trade clients for the company.
- Focused outreach with tactile engagement, bringing leads.
- Build relationships, with the goal of cultivating A&D business out of those relationships.
- Connect with designer, librarian (if large firm), to schedule an introduction meeting, or ask about projects where you may be able to propose solutions for window treatments.
- Do your homework prior to visiting A&D – make sure to be aware and knowledgeable of any recent activity or news of your target firm/ practice.
- Design Firms.
- Architectural Firms with Interiors.
- Real Estate – new development, sales models, real estate agents selling properties.
- Contractors, Builders.
- AV Consultants.
- Concierge Services for luxury developments.
- Boutique Hotels and common amenities of luxury hotels.
- Real Estate Developers – common amenities of a luxury building, or a 30-60 unit boutique building project.
- Network at events – intelligently identify key target events or strategic ideas for networking.
- Industry awareness and industry knowledge – stay aware of industry events, market trends, introductions, industry and trade by association and knowledge.
- Keep up with the latest industry developments, including market positioning of the company, any competitors, challenges. At the same time identify and recognize opportunities and areas for growth.
- Assess the Company's Trade needs and company’s ability to meet those needs – find solutions, critical thinking. Product Development inquiries, ideas. Case study examples where necessary.
- Prepare weekly recaps, sharing status and updates on goals, accomplishments or challenges.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
- 5+ years of successful experience working with the trade in the architecture and interior design industry
- Proven track record of success in meeting and exceeding sales objectives
- Experience using sales tracking software/CRM systems
- Excellent written, verbal, negotiating and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skillset and follow up skills
- Window treatment experience, a plus, and home décor retail/interior design knowledge preferred
- Ability to travel within designated region and attend corporate meetings at company headquarters in NY and FL
- Annual Salary + Bonus Structure + Commission Structure + Full Benefits Package
- Benefits Package – medical, dental, vision, disability insurance, 401K with employer match, PTO, Holidays, cell phone allowance, travel expenses reimbursed, flexible working style, and more
Why work with Interior Talent?
- OUR CLIENTS hire us to FIND YOU
- Exclusively focused on the Architecture and Design industries
- We work with the DECISION MAKERS – Owners, Principals, Directors, and HR
- CONFIDENTIALITY & PROFESSIONALISM: We assist with the entire process so that looking into a new opportunity is DISCRETE and CONFIDENTIAL – we highly value your current position and will never do anything that would bring your future into jeopardy
- EXPERTISE: In the industry since 2003
- We are your advocate and WE GET IT – we know making a career decision is difficult and we’re here for you throughout the whole process
Meet Your Recruiter
Executive Director Client Management
Tana brings a depth of leadership and development experience to the Interior Talent team. She served as the Director of Corporate Sponsors for our non-profit, Events for Change, before joining Interior Talent in 2015. Tana has developed strong relationships within the A&D community and her candidates consider her a trusting and critical partner in their search. Currently, Tana serves as the Managing Director in our Orlando office. Outside of the office, she is a published author and creator of two philanthropic organizations as she has a deep passion for people and their success. She loves spending time with her family, catching a Florida State Football game, and living the “salt life”.
I have worked with Interior Talent for a multitude of positions. Their team has taken the time to really understand what I m looking for in a candidate culture fit, as that is a major consideration in all of our hiring decisions. They have also brought to us some of the top talent in the industry and some of our best employees have come to us through Interior Talent. I ve been working with IT for close to 10 years now to help fill over 30+ positions. They would be a great resource for any agency.
I came to Interior Talent hungry for a big change in my life. Not necessarily knowing exactly what I was looking for, the team was absolutely fantastic throughout the whole process. They closely guided me through revamping a resume, interviewing, and decision making and always extruded patience, kindness and helpful insight. Their knowledge of current trends, dos/dont’s of the interview process and mostly, supportive nature were all key features in my success. I HIGHLY recommend Interior Talent!
The Interior Talent team took the time to get to know us first, both from a business and culture POV. It made all the difference with them placing sales professionals with us that are high performers in the way Taymor wants to be represented in the market. They really know our industry and were able to provide insight into the landscape we might have not otherwise recognized. Great service, great partnership.
Interior Talent made the hiring process an easy one. They removed the guesswork, listened to our needs, considered our company culture, and connected us with an experienced and highly motivated applicant whose knowledge and contribution to our team has changed the landscape of what we consider possible.
I felt like I had a partner in Interior Talent and Lynde during the time of growth & transition at my firm. She took the time to understand what a good fit meant to EKD and was selective when bringing me candidates. Finding good hires is tough but Lynde allowed me to focus on my work and I felt confident in the candidates she was presenting. Her relatability and perseverance brought great additions to our team.